We simplify all procedures involved in the rental process including rental payments, maintenance requests, application submissions and move-in/out procedures.Find a Rental Home
TENANT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Transparency & Communication Are Key
What fees are required for move-in?A security deposit is required at the time of entering into the lease agreement. If you are moving into a condominium, you need to check with the condominium board to ascertain if there are any additional charges such as a fee to book the elevator to move your household goods.
Do you accept pets?Citysearch is a pet-friendly company however different condominium buildings and owners have different permissions. Pets are generally assessed and allowed on a case-by-case basis. If you are considering acquiring a pet and are a current resident, please check with us first to avoid any disputes later on.
Are stoves and refrigerators included with the property?Both are generally included.
If I move-in mid-month, what will I be charged in terms of rent?For any move-in that occurs on a day other than the first day of a month, we generally charge pro-rated rent for the balance of the month, and then the full months rent is due on the first day of each following month. These terms will be outlined in your lease agreement and explained to you at lease-signing.
What is the procedure for moving out of my property?Once a move-out date and time is established, we will send you Citysearch’s vacate instructions which will provide guidelines to ready the property to be handed back.
How do I know when to put out garbage or recycling?Please refer to the following link for information on the City of Calgary garbage, recycling and composting details. http://www.calgary.ca/UEP/WRS/Pages/Garbage-collection-information/Residential-services/Garbage-Day-Schedule.aspx
When is rent due?Payment of rent is due by the first day of each month.
How do I pay rent?
There are several ways to pay rent to Citysearch.
- Pre-Authorized Debit/payment – complete the attached form and send to Citysearch
- Pay via RentMoola which is a secure online site to pay your rent. Go to the link below for RentMoola or click ‘pay rent’ on this site. You will need to provide your banking or your credit card information. Please note there is a fee of up to 2.75% if you pay by credit card. You can set it up to come out automatically as a recurring payment or log in every month on the first to pay your rent.
- Click here to go to RentMoola
- You can pay by post-dated cheques delivered to 509 – 20 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2S 0E7
- You can e-transfer rent to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please use ‘Citysearch’ as the password and you must reference your rental address in the ‘notes’
Do I require tenants’ insurance?Yes, you are responsible to have tenants’ insurance for your contents and for liability. Please consult an insurance specialist and refer to your obligations as outlined in your lease agreement. Please ensure you have insurance for the entire duration of your tenancy and that it is in good standing. Please provide a copy of your insurance certificate and policy coverage prior to taking possession of your property.