“Be kind to everyone, always. You never know whose life you will leave a mark on”
Erin temporarily moved to Calgary in 2014 to attend a CELTA course and always knew she would end up back here. Something about those mountains on the horizon told her she was in the right place, and in 2017 she decided to leave her home in Saskatchewan and return to Calgary.
Prior to moving here, travel had been her priority. She had spent nearly a decade, on-and-off, traveling and living abroad. To better understand what it was like to actually live in these places she would often offer her services to house sit. It was on one of these expeditions that she was sat next to a very fascinating woman on an airplane. Striking up a conversation, she soon found out the woman was a Property Manager, traveling for work. Erin didn’t think too much of it at the time, but the conversation had always stuck in her mind.
Erin enjoys making genuine connections with people and being of service whenever she recognizes the need. So, years later, when her landlord suggested she get into Property Management, it sounded like just the right fit. And thinking back to that woman on the plane, she can’t help but wonder, perhaps it was kismet.
- Golden Rules:
- Don’t take yourself or the world too seriously
- Be thankful for everything, even the difficult times
- Don’t take anything personally
- Invest in quality over quantity: relationships, food, clothing, experiences, etc., not only for yourself, but for the earth too
- You are your number one, if you don’t take care of yourself, you won’t be able to take care of others
- What song motivates you?
- You’ve Got the Love by Candi Staton and The Source
- What are the three favorite places you’ve travelled?
- Turkey, the Oregon cost & Slovenia’s Prekmurje region
- What is an experience that has made your stronger?
- Solo travel
- What is your favorite quote?
- “Memories are finer than dreams”
- What do you value most in life?
- The connections I made with others
Erin’S DREAM HOME EQUATION
Big kitchen with a conversation island
A workshop with lots of natural light,
Wrap around porch